Partner | CPA, CIRA, CFE | Dallas, TX
Financial Advisory Services Partner with over 20 years of extensive strategic, transactional and international experience in the forensic, financial transformation and restructuring fields. Proven track record of leading domestic and multinational/multi-functional teams, providing short and long-term strategic solutions and brings significant experience working with complex financial situations, financial transactions and cross border engagements. Prior to joining HSNO, Roberto spent 13 years at Deloitte, where he was the Americas Restructuring Services Leader.Areas of expertise include:
- Forensic Investigations
- Litigation Support
- In and Out of Court Restructurings
- Cross Border Transactions
- Complex Financial Models
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Due Diligence
- Risk Management
- Financial Services
- Oil and Gas
- Served as financial advisor to a Fortune 100 multi-national to analyze complex multi-national banking transactions to document potentially improper payments related to potential FCPA violations in coordination with client, SEC and DOJ, resulting in a negotiated favorable settlement.
- Served as financial advisor to a Fortune 50 global bank to analyze claims arising from potential violations of banking regulations. Worked with management and external counsel to respond to a multi-agency government inquiry related to over 250,000 individual mortgages resulting in favorable negotiated settlement.
- Led analysis and provided expert witness testimony regarding financing, motion to convert and bidding procedures, resulting in a desired conversion to Chapter 7 for client in real estate case.
- As part of the largest municipal bankruptcy filing, assisted a municipal entity with the assessment of 20 public facing departments to assess tracking of budget to actual, effectiveness and consistency of internal/external reporting, and cost cutting opportunities from proposed consolidation of departments.
- Involved with multi-year effort to collect, analyze and provide data to external counsel, governmental agencies, and other parties in interest related to a major environmental disaster.
- Developed multi-year strategic plans to address growth and restructuring opportunities for $1.5B oil and gas multinational. Successfully addressed issues related to management reporting structure, working capital, plan of reorganization pro-forma financials and assessment of financial consequences of strategic options.
- Assisted $2B retail client to assess and refine market strategy, to evaluate cost and revenue at the store level and to develop and implement strategy to identify and close under-performing locations.
- University of Washington – B.S. in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting
- University of Texas – B.S. with an emphasis in Biology
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the States of Washington and Texas
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)